Monday 27 September 2010

Almost Back to Normal

Whatever normal is ... spent most of yesterday at the West End Artists' Tour with Helmut and Ottilia ... and had fun.  Came home with enough energy left over to take Kenya for a real walk and to make dinner ...

I bought another sculpture ... this one the polar opposite of "Grief".  "Grief" is hard, grey and a realistic rendition of sorrow.  "Alley Oop" is a soft felted sculture, brightly coloured, and on springs which almost allow him to leap with joy.  He has a smile that inspires me to say, "Don't worry; be happy".  Grief's strength derives from the body and its language.  A great deal of the charm of Alley Oop is in the facial  details.  It is a sculpture by Edwina Sutherland.

I have placed this one on my desk in front of a wall dedicated to flights of the imagination ... paintings and prints that make me want to soar ... to let my imagination fly free.

Happy September, Everyone!





3 comments:

Tamarak said...

Hey...nice photos...love that one of Kenya...and the flower is beautiful...

I'll have to see your new fun addition before I can really tell if he is going to scare me...you said he won't...I hope he doesn't!

Barbara Carlson said...

Glad you're feeling better.
I'm just back from California -- looking after aging (91) parents and only read your two posts now.
Re the iron supplement -- It CAN hurt you as it is hard to absorb and builds up in the blood which can
cause you to feel very tired. You're better off to find food alternatives, like spinach.

Your new sculpture is very fun. Glad to have you back posting. (I kept checking every day when at home in September.)

Photo of Kenya looking very contrite...? for pulling you around?

Oma said...

Thanks to both of you ...

I have adjusted my blood pressure meds and am happy with the results so far.

I suspect that Kenya just looks like that because she is on my bed ... not really contrition ...

The flower is a zucchini blossom ... aren't they beautiful? Like golden stars.