Friday 22 October 2010

Life in the Slow Lane ... again ...

So ... yesterday I got lost in a parking garage ... well actually it was my car which was misplaced ... finally I asked a young man what one did if one lost one's car ... and he said, "Report it stolen."  After my first stunned reaction I laughed and he said it had also happened to him.  Then he explained the strange layout of this garage and wished me luck.  I began again and this time I saw my car on a level below me.  How to get to it though was not quite as clear but I managed.  My left brained reasoning worked where my right brained sense of direction had let me down and the old girl and I were finally reunited.

The other parts of the day were a lot less stressful and the highlight was holding Lily who stretched, yawned, snuggled into my neck, and pooped contentedly, all the while making soft little whistling and snorting noises.

My garden is almost tucked away for the winter, the steps I've fallen down twice now have a hand rail, another hand rail has been fixed, and two new bird feeders are feeding the gluttonous jays.

I am thoroughly enjoying my vacation from teaching and stress ... and sleeping through the night ...

Life is good but it does not make for very exciting blog posts.

I am beginning to feel the faint stirring of artistic urges again ... pumpkin carving and small postcard sized paintings of ideas for furniture are beckoning, tempting me to get out my paints.

Have a great weekend. I will be at a workshop on Sunday but the rest of the weekend is blissfully empty so far.

4 comments:

Barbara Carlson said...

Ah. Life in the slow lane. For a change.
There is a lot to notice when you live slowly, more than you'd think.
One day years ago John and I drove up to Low on the back roads and kept -- for an hour -- to a walking speed in the car (you don't even need to press the gas).
and at times I got out and walked beside. It was lovely.
How our greatgrandparents travelled.
Then we finally started up again, 30 MPH was hideously much too fast! It gave us a vapours...

Oma said...

I am not sure I COULD drive that slowly. Good for you for doing so ... and I loved the vapours.

Barbara Carlson said...

"a (?) vapours" -- what was I thinking?
I should edit 2X, obviously.

Oma said...

Actually I didn't even notice that ... read it as you intended ... and loved the idea ...