Thursday 3 July 2008

First Day on the Road

As soon as I can figure out how to get it from my laptop to my key to Maureen's computer, it will be posted!

I dunno! ... Nothing is working!

I have tried saving it in WP, in Word, in Open Office and as an RTF file ... Maureen's computer does not seem to have a word processor that is fully installed with all buttons working ... and none of my attempts have been successful. It is likely some very simple thing I am overlooking ... but I am blind to what it might be. The laptop is working well ... it is simply the connections between two computers that is failing the communication test.

And of course, no one here is any wiser than I am!

It is no longer first day on the road, of course, but Kenya and I are having a relaxing time ... good food ... a pool ... a fenced yard ... and new routes for walking. I am doing a bit of reading and it is good to reconnect with Maureen and Jeff.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

on the laptop save the document to "your key" i.e. drive E etc...

Then, plug the key into Maureen's computer. Open the document. The cut and paste to your blog.

Oma said...

Tried that plus other creative things ... but the buttons for copying, cutting and pasting seem to be disabled. Maureen's son is coming tomorrow and will likely be able to help. Thanks, Deb.

Oma said...

Charles couldn't herlp because Maureen doesn't have a word processor on this machine!!!