Monday 8 June 2009

And a new week begins ...


This was a great weekend ... garage sales on Saturday with Rowboat Flo ... sausages in buns with potato salad that evening with Tamarack and Carlos ... painting the first background of a funky series of chairs that will feature wonky houses ... and then going to my daughter's place for dinner on Sunday.

I have a crazy idea for the happy home chairs ... will show you what I do with this background once I start doing the interesting part. Here we have grass and sky ...

At the garage sale I picked up two nondescript bar stools and two chairs that I think will lend themselves to funky female images.

On Sunday Remi and Kenya came with me as far as Tamarak's. She looked after them till I came back after dinner. It was like a zoo at their place. Four large dogs and one teeny tiny puppy that fit in my jacket pocket. Remi was intimidated by Shea and peed on the floor a couple of times. The puppy got excited and peed on the floor a few times too. Kenya was very interested in the puppy and had to be told to treat it gently. Remi dashed upstairs to play with her. (She is as big as one of his paws!) Teddy just stayed out of everyone's way like the good boy he is. Tamarak and Carlos decided that five dogs was just too many dogs. I slept over and shared my bed with Remi and Kenya ... and I decided that, while one large dog in a bed assures me of uninterrupted sleep, two ensures that I get tiny snatches of rest between their jockeying for position.


Dinner was yummy and I received two wonderful birthday gifts ... these little rocking chairs.


And I learned about a chair painting workshop for $15 in late June!

4 comments:

Tamarak said...

I figure we had close to 350 lbs of dog in our small home! It was fun...for a while though!

I posted a couple pictures of the 2 that hit it off...the smallest and the biggest...Remi and Kaiah...they were so funny to watch! Noisy though, with the 2 of them barking gleefully...

Guess you didn't get that great a sleep on your single matress with the 2 big dogs!

Can't wait to see what you do with the adorable little rocking chairs that your daughter gave you...and the one you are working on now...how is it going?

raino said...

wow. you are handy! nice work.

Oma said...

Thank you. I don't know how handy I am but I am having fun and the hours fly by.

Kerry said...

I love the chair with the slats for the seat, it's a bit like my rocker.