Friday 19 June 2009

Another week is almost over ...

... and another weekend coming up ...

I came home last night from yoga feeling loose and flexible but by noon today my back had stiffened up to its original state. I think I am suffering sympathy pains for my daughter who is going to have to have back surgery as well as the lumpectomy which will be done this coming Wednesday. No one should have to endure that much bad luck all at once. Let's hope that my back ache has relieved the pressure on her sciatic nerve at least a little.

Mud Mama arrives tomorrow around 4 a.m. I think, and Marta will be visiting on Sunday. And Tamarak and Carlos may well drop in if the weather is conducive to allowing dogs to play in the lake, so the weekend is shaping up to be busily (and happily) filled with people.

I have prepared for the Sprout's arrival by NOT cleaning, just packing up DVDs on low shelves. I will leave the rest of the deck clearing to Mud Mama who knows what will attract him. He is at the stage where he needs to wear a life vest and have a brightly coloured balloon attached to him at all times ... and he has the highest pitched screech I have ever heard. Oh, my poor aching head!

I have put the first coat of polyurethane on the wonky house chair, not because I think it is exactly what I want it to be, but rather because I don't think I can make it any better at this stage so better to finish it up.

The first funky female chair has evolved into a mermaid reaching out of the water toward the full moon. I just have to give her a few final details (like boobs, a grin, and scales) and she will be ready to polyurethane too.

When I am finished, I will post photos of all four finished chairs and you can vote on which one I should take as a sample to a meeting a week from today. A local shop is hoping to become a showcase for artisans, artists and alternative health practitioners in the area, and we are going to meet one another (about 30 of us) and discuss how this might work to all our advantage. I want to take a chair and a pair of children's funky socks because what I hope to put up for sale are small items of knitware for children and funky furniture all produced by Oma at the Happy Hermitage. Anyone have good ideas for a card or logo that can accompany each piece? I thought I might use the bureau with the giraffe as part of my retail space. (I would have to create a new stash chest, of course, but hey! that's what I do for fun anyway, and I have an old chest of drawers that is crying out for paint.)

No comments: