Monday 5 October 2009

Just the facts, ma'am, just the facts ...

For you young folks, that comes from a long ago detective show called "Dragnet". Since this post will contain no metaphors or philosophical wanderings, the title seemed appropriate ...

October is going to be a very busy month for me.

1. My gravel and rock for the garden will start arriving and being spread today. That means that my laneway will be clear of the pile that already sits there, and that I will be able to start gardening in earnest next spring ... and that all the toxic stuff and glass shards will finally be covered once and for all.

2. My daughter's radiation appointments begin this week ... and I want to help out as much as possible.

3. Then there is Thanksgiving weekend and then ... the work on installing the cedar board and batten starts. The cedar is here already as well as the strapping, and I have to set up an account for the bits and pieces as well as the rental of the scaffolding. That job will take about 2 weeks.

4. One daughter will be celebrating her 51st birthday on the 15th. This birthday is special for our whole family, and while she may not be up to a big celebration this year, I want to do something special for her.

5. I am starting work on a sign for the shop today ... Kelly paid for a huge sign to be done and it appears the guy has taken off with the money with no intention of producing the sign. I offered to make a smaller sign in the meantime.

6. This is also the last month that it will be warm enough to work outside preparing furniture for painting so I intend to take advantage of any warm days to clean, sand, and prime with an alkyd primer.

7. It is also likely the last month in which to find odds and ends at garage sales and the like.

8. At the end of the month, two old dogs will arrive for four or five days ... and then we are into November which a month filled with weddings, births, and birthdays to celebrate.

No comments: