Friday 30 October 2009

Nanowrimo

I have decided that my blog posts for the months of November will be my daily writing for the novel writing contest; that you can all witness my messes and first draft scribblings ... and perhaps my fall from grace as I fail to balance all the elements of life: teaching, painting, writing, house building, dogs, social obligations, and medical appointments. I expect November to become a strange juggling act in which writing is the least important activity, but the activity that could be the only sane and centering one.

I will start on Sunday morning. During the first week I have a class at Carleton, three hours of teaching, a trip to Montreal, an appointment to get my hair cut, and a wedding to attend. For those of you who live in the city, have jobs, and are not almost seventy, all this may seem inconsequential ... but for me this week looms as ridiculously full. Stay tuned.

1 comment:

Barbara Carlson said...

Let the games begin... !!

Stay hydrated & push carbs/protein.
We're rooting for you!