Thursday 18 September 2008

Good Morning






















I love waking up to a sun-shiny morning when the air is moist and cool and the wind blows long trails of lace past my place to the secluded rocky eastern end of the lake. Here, about two thirds of the way, I watch its progress until the sun burns it off and a new day begins.




This is when I drink my tea, read emails, and wake up. Kenya lies in the sun for a while until she decides it is time to come in for her Dentibone, a big drink of water, and breakfast. Yes, in that order. I know! I should have the tooth brushing done last thing before bedtime, not first thing in the morning, but bad habits are hard to break.



They are predicting rain but I am going to fly in the face of good sense and hang out a load of laundry ... and maybe go out in the kayak with Kenya before the weather proves the forecaster right and me too hopeful.

4 comments:

Tamarak said...

That all sounds so lovely...even the laundry bit...surely it must be healthy for the soul to be where you are...hope the wind blows your worries away too!

Oma said...

I hope it blows all of our worries away ... yours as well as mine.

Kerry said...

Oh lovely...I wish I could visit! This is my favorite time of year on the lake :-)

Oma said...

I wish you could visit too ... the leaves are just beginning to turn ... and I miss you.