Monday 22 November 2010

The frost is on the pumpkins ... and everywhere else ...

Today was the day I was supposed to get my winter tires installed ... I am beginning to wish that my local garage made house calls ... Everything here is slick with ice and I am not sure whether I will be able to make it up my hill on all seasons.





I took these shots  across the lake while walking Kenya yesterday.

I haven't ventured out any further than the bird and squirrel feeders today.  Busy making pumpkin loaves.  But that appointment is at 1 so I am keeping my fingers crossed that the weather man is right; that the temperature will be up to 10 by then.

2 comments:

kingmisha said...

There is something so beautiful about the muted starkness of the November landscape. Kenja standing waiting for you on the road is touching and also wild. She could be a coyote standing and watching.

I find November both beautiful and frightening. My northern heritage knows in its soul that darkness and winter dangers will be upon us and November even in the sunlight, can't be trusted. It turns on you in a matter of minutes. Be careful, and take nothing for granted, alone in the bush.

Oma said...

Beautiful post, kingmisha ...

I love November (and am in awe) because it is the time of the year when the skeletal framework of the land is most evident. Winter covers everything in white drifts. Spring bursts with buds and fragile greenery. Summer provides a luxuriant cover for the landscape. Fall's brilliance takes our breath away.

But right now after the colours have faded and the leaves dropped, all that is left is the naked land.