Monday 6 December 2010

Brain Rest

Sorry all ... I called the doctor and was told that I had suffered a concussion and the only thing that would repair the micro-tearing was complete brain rest for possibly 3 weeks ... no computer ... no tv. ... just bed rest.  I might sleep 16 hours a day.  Also Kenya will have to be satisfied with taking herself outside because I cannot risk another fall or I will be set back still further.

So  ... until Christmas you will likely not see much of me if anything at all ...



I will be back asap.

Thanks for all your posted concerns ... and Barbara ... thanks for the call and the orders to call my doctor.

6 comments:

kingmisha said...

I'll call you in a few days. I'm so glad you called the doctor.

Love!

Barbara Carlson said...

A sabbatical of the brain. Good luck!!
We will be thinking good, white-surrounding thoughts for you over the next 21 days. Your dreams will be stupendous I bet, making up for....

I just realized you won't read this for ages.

See you on the other side of 2010-2011.

sassy said...

Dear Santa,

How are you and the elves?

I am writing on behalf of a lovely person who is known as Oma. I happen to know that she has been a very good girl this past year and, that she may find these very helpful.

With best wishes for the Christmas season and please drive carefully.

hybrasil said...

If you're reading this, you must be better! Hope you have / are having / had a great Christmas!

Colleen said...

Oh no (said quietly but meant vehemently). I've been really sick all week and only getting back on my laptop now. I'm so sorry about your fall. What a scary episode, especially when you tell it so vividly. I'll be thinking about you and Kenya. Here's sending healing thoughts.

Oma said...

Thank you all. The healing thoughts and good wishes are all working. (I have three pairs of snow walkers so I don't need any more. I just need to put them on the boots!!!)