Tuesday 4 January 2011

a new career ...

January 4, 2011

A New Career ...

Well not really ... just another way to play at life using the life skills I've developed over 70 years.

One of my buddies who does not feed himself well and is tired at the end of a working day has commissioned me to make his meals 5 days a week. I make enough $$$ to cover my costs plus the ingredients for my own meals and he comes home to an easy ready to heat meal during the working week.  So far I have made breaded pork chops with mashed potatoes and a carrot/leek/celery side dish plus chili con carne with french stick and green side salad. He likes surprises and not too much heat so it will be be fun.

I am also starting back with my lovely quebecoises this Wednesday.  We are starting our time back with old fashioned folk and fairy tales ... with just a splash of feminist philosophy thrown in for good measure.

I have been off work for a full month now ... and it is time to replace the stars in my eyes with practical dollar signs ... while still having fun.

Off we go!

No comments: