Sunday 6 March 2011

Snow Day

I spent my day shoveling ... one bout with the steps ... a second with the car ... and a third spreading salt.

That snow is sodden and heavy.

But Leonard got my road plowed out and sanded by late afternoon and the people came around 4:30 for their table and chair and were pleased ... which made me pleased too.

I also made a very good pasta sauce using local organic ground beef and stew beef ... roasted peppers, celery, onions, tomatoes and garlic and then browned the meat and mixed in the roasted veggies and tomatoes, juice, wine, and herbs and simmered everything away all afternoon.

Kenya and I went out after supper and visited with Peter and Leonard and then headed home.

I always feel good when I take a walk in the snow when the temperatures are reasonable .... as they were this evening.

Life is good!

No comments: