Monday 2 March 2009

I do presume ... I am not a timid mole ...

So ...here in photos is my very unprepossessing day.I managed to rewrite a short scene today ... and finish a sock ... and take Kenya for a long walk. On the way home I noticed how little snow we have had this year. Last year this sign was not visible because the snow banks were so high by the beginning of March. Do you remember, Mud Mama?

For some reason this is refusing to work tonight. I will try posting the photo of the sign later.

This sock was knit in a yarn that reminds me of sunsets in August. Mud Mama has chosen all kinds of yummy wool, all of it variegated or hand painted. I can hardly wait to see and touch it when she brings it. The wool in this sock has been knot and unraveled several times and every time I am happy to re-knit it because I like the colour effects so much. However; I do hope this is its last incarnation.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

doesn't that sock match the tea cozy? lol. nice!

Oma said...

The two wools are very different to work with and to touch ... the cozy is ... well ... cozier. But you are right I do love sunset colours and if I ever got drunk enough I could put the cozy on my head and the sock on my left foot and dance a colourful jig before falling into bed.

Anonymous said...

sounds like a fun plan to me OMA! i'll be watching for pics of that. cheers!