Monday 6 April 2009

Phone Avoidance

Okay, lesson learned. Do not drive miles and miles in an April snowstorm in order to avoid making a phone call.

I drove to Doozie Candles in Chelsea to ask a question. They were closed on Monday.

I drove over to the Spa Nordique because I had heard they had a hair stylist. They don't.

I turned around and drove way past Wakefield and way past Low before I realized I had passed Eric's road. (All the road signs were covered in clotted snow.) I drove back and slipped and slid along his road braking every few yards for tail bone jarring bumps. (Mud Mama's kids would have loved it.) I delivered the cap to Eric who had just been recalled by the municipality to work on the wintry roads. I came home the short way ... which was also unfortunately the long way because River Road was really slippery. When I had begun to feel really queasy about the road conditions I found myself following the plow which was sanding the road. I trundled along quite happily in his wake at 5 k. per hour until the end of his route. By then it was past noon and I was five minutes from home. Whew!

My own road is really bad right now ... heavy sludge ... large rock outcroppings ... deep ruts ... soft shoulders filled with water ...

I think I will stay home for the rest of the week and knit.

And make a couple of phone calls about getting my hair cut and getting information about selling crafts locally.

3 comments:

raino said...

winter will be over soon...it really will! i promise.

Oma said...

I dunno. I have an appointment booked for Tuesday ... to get my snow tires replaced by the summer ones ... but the summer ones are still snow covered ... I may have to postpone till May!

raino said...

don't do it! i am blaming the return of the snow on all you folks that decided to put the summer tires on, just a tad too early.... lol