Wednesday 30 December 2009

My Massage

I feel as if I have been given a new body ... one that is limber and flexible and sleeps well ... had a great massage yesterday!

This morning's headlines were all gloom and doom as usual:

Study shows popular herbal supplement doesn't slow mental decline ... DAMN ... just when I started taking it.  OH WELL,  you can help yourself by downloading this memory enhancing game ...  http://www.lumosity.com/k/improve-memory

UNFORTUNATELY, with my dial-up it took so long to load that I forgot what I was trying to do and wandered off before I got to experiment with Lost in Migration, the attention improvement game in the series.

US health official: "Woman with anthrax may have swallowed spores airborne by drumming."

DAMN AGAIN, I was just thinking I might take up drumming seriously now that we have a local teacher.

Trouble struck paradise this week when a British man who has the "Best Job in the World" as the caretaker of a tropical Australian island was stung by a potentially deadly jellyfish. NOTHING TO SAY ABOUT THAT.

A 12-year-old boy has been charged with second-degree murder in connection to the death of a 14-year-old girl in northern Manitoba, RCMP said late Tuesday.  OR THIS.



The guy who does horoscopes, Rob Brezny,  can always see the bright side:

His advice for me for 2010 is interesting:

"We should not think of our past as definitely  settled, for we are not a stone or a tree," wrote poet Czeslaw Milosz. "My  past changes every minute according to the meaning given it now, in this  moment." I suggest you make abundant use of this wisdom in 2010.  According to my reading of the astrological omens, you will have  unprecedented power to re-vision and reinterpret your past. Keep the  following question in mind as you go about your work: "How can I  recreate my history so as to make my willpower stronger, my love of life  more intense, and my future more interesting?"





Rob gives HOMEWORK every week.  This one is intended as a substitute for New Year's resolution-making:

Make a list of your anti-resolutions. What weird habits,  incorrigible vices, dissident uprisings, and controversial actions do you  promise to cultivate in 2010?

Maybe that's what I will put in the toe of the stocking this year.

No comments: