Wednesday 28 May 2008

Comments Again ... and a day's plans ...

Looks like I may have re-enable the screening of the comments. That last comment did not come from a girl in Kenya. Weird way to get your jollies, eh?

A beautiful day here at the lake ... brilliant sunshine and mist steaming off the surface of the water ...

I have no "must-do's" today so I think I will likely wash the floors I swept and mopped yesterday, work on the mess below, transplant some more lilies, and throw sticks in the lake for Kenya. Or maybe I will just go for a walk in the woods with Sarah, the dogs and a trowel and see about digging up a transplantable root of the witch hobble.

We can use one of the many plant pots littering the area where they had a marijuna grow-op in that part of the woods. All that is left are the mounds. Whoever had the plants left a helluva mess ... empty bags of fertilizer, plastic plant pots, and a length of hose to bring the water from the stream. It looks as if they grew only a few plants for their own consumption, certainly not a major production. Kids? Aging hippies? Dunno.

9 comments:

Kerry said...

My advise is to wait to transplant the witch until it isn't blooming anymore - plants put their all into flowering and they are at their weakest rootwise - mark where they are with sticks and bright string and transplant them EITHER RIGHT AFTER THE BLOOMING PERIOD, OR BETTER YET EARLY IN THE FALL when you get back in the fall, its a perenniaL AND YOU WANT IT TO HAVE SENT ALL ITS ENERGY INTO ITS ROOTS BEFORE YOU MOVE IT. Sorry Sam keeps kicking my hand and I keep hitting the caplock by accident.

You know it is funny both in the Gatineaus and here in the Valley people talk openly about grow ops as no big deal. I even found out the best organic fertilizer recipe for the plants from an old man at the farmer's market - seaweed emulsion.

Why are you suspicious of the comment on the girl from kenya? I had to search to find out what you were talking about and there wasn't anything creepy about it?

Kerry said...

Oh and it always takes me three tries to post here with the word verification so I often won't bother if I'm busy. Hate those things.

Anonymous said...

I checked and there have been no hits from Kenya in over a week, but the reason I checked is that it didn't sound like a Kenyan girl ... different kind of language use ... different take on life ... and I cannot imagine anyone being evicted in Kenya for having a dog ... I think it was someone from Canada or the States. I also did a Google Search on kennels in Kenya and came up with a lot ... but not Gone to the Dogs ...

Oma said...

Thank you for the advice on the witch hobble and plants in general ... I am learning slowly ... and at a great age ... but I really am enjoying my plants indoors and out.

Oma said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Hi again, its me the girl from Kenya. I am actually from Kenya,my name is Joy. I think our server is hosted in the States. I am sorry if I scared everyone and yes I am actually being evicted because of my dog! Not very many people here appreciate dogs. On the Kennel issue,As far as I know there is only one Kennel in Kenya located in Karen. I have therefore been looking to get some information on how to establish and run one myself. I also frequent the Kenya Society for the Protection of Animals. I even had to give up one of my dogs to them for rehoming!Hence was very excited when Oma mentioned she got her dog from there, many dogs there need homes. Am genuine, sorry to scare you all.I just love dogs!

Oma said...

Where do you live in Kenya, Joy?

Anonymous said...

I live in Nairobi. I work for an International Wildlife Conservation Organisation with projects in the region.

Oma said...

My dog, Kenya, is from the SPCA (an animal protection agency) but not from Kenya.

What organization do you work for, Joy?