Tuesday 27 May 2008

Lake Happenings


This morning it felt as if winter was setting in. Now, with the woodstove on it feels like a sauna.


I walked Kenya over to get Remi and was delighted by the pair of Canada Geese and their two goslings. We picked up Remi and the geese lost some of their appeal as Remi was determined to be a little vaccuum cleaner sucking up the green goose droppings. Yecch!




Then I saw masses of the mauve hybrid trilliums we get in my woods as a result of the mating of the purple and white trilliums here. I will post a photo later. As soon as the dogs have had a chance to wear each other out I will return Remi to his house.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Oma, I am so excited to have found your blog!I was searching for Kennels in Kenya and stumbled upon your blog. I am a Kenyan girl and I just love dogs. I have been thinking of setting up a boarding facility/Kennel/shelter for dogs in Kenya. From the little I have read I can see you run one yourself. It would be great if you could advise me. I have come to a point where I feel I really should do what I love and what I am passionate about. So I am ready to take the leap of faith!
All this was prompted after my landlord gave me an eviction notice because of my dog and it just broke me! Anyway I appreciate what you are doing!