Saturday 31 May 2008

More on the Crazed House Guest

As Zeke becomes more confident here, he also becomes more bossy and stubborn.

He reminds me in some ways of Havoc, the Doberman with the crazed owner. Maybe it is just a dominant male dog thing.



Last night's infernal humping session

My den was a hive of activity just now with Zeke growling and attempting to hump Remi who is twice his size and not pleased with the attention, and Kenya growling warningly in the background keeping Zeke just under control. When he broke through the control and began to sound really nasty, I yelled "Hey!" and Kenya got really pissed off so he stopped for a while.


The referee

He will not let me clean his paws before he comes in and I let it go since his owner tells me he will not allow anyone to groom him. But I really do not like all that mud coming in after a rain. Oh well ...

Last night this dog (whom I was told loved his crate in the basement and went into it immediately) refused to go into his crate in the front hall closet, and followed us upstairs. It is impossible to keep him downstairs. Most dogs respond to visual things like baskets on the steps. He just leaps over the baskets and the step ladder I added.

I would have let him into the bedroom to sleep on the carpet with the rest of us but in the afternoon he had jumped up on my bed and refused to get down. Finally after two attempts to get him to lie down on either the dog cushion or the carpet, I had had to lock him out of the bedroom.

So last night I closed the door on his insistent nose and we all went to bed for the night ... Remi and Kenya on dog pillows and Zeke on the runner outside the bedroom door.

I think I know why he is always hungry ... he scoots on the slate floor ... maybe he has worms ... lovely ...

This might account for his ill temper and crazed appearance!

No comments: