Sunday 2 November 2008

Tidying Up and Looking Ahead

Yesterday I baked bread ... whole wheat challah from a recipe I received by email ... and banana bread from all those bananas that almost didn't make it through the storm. Kenya and I were finally able to deliver food to Barry. Gerry, his next neighbour, says Barry is getting spoiled; that he can't possibly eat everything we bring; that he'd be glad to help out.

I also sorted out my calendar so that I won't miss the things I really want to do this month. I don't mean the regular things like pottery class and the book club evening, or the doctor's appointment; I mean the art and craft shows that are all on before Christmas.

So far my next three weekends look like this!

November 2 Ottawa Valley Spinners and Weavers with Tammy and Yvonne

November 8 Marta is telling stories at the National Library from 10-12
Cathy and Dave have a show from 1-5

November 9 The 260 Fingers Pottery show is on all afternoon

November 13-16 The Ottawa Valley Potters' Show ... I think I will go after my doctor's appointment at the Riverside on Friday.

I am hoping to learn things at all the shows but especially this afternoon as these fabric artists are working with all kinds of materials and many also have sheep for felting materials.

Hope your weekend is a good one and that you have lots to look forward to.

1 comment:

Tamarak said...

You forgot David Lidbetter is showing at that Gallery on Sussex until Nov 5 and the Ottawa Glass Bead Artists Bead and Jewellery Show is on Sat Nov 15!

So much to do...so much to see...and, with Marta, so much to hear!