Sunday 10 February 2008

Il Postino

What a wonderful movie ... something for everyone ... politics, love, literature ... The author really understands that the humblest person is fully human and capable of teaching other, better educated, more sophisticated people important things about life, love and fidelity.

Our own little postino has lost his stuffing for the third time. Kenya loves him dearly, but she cannot resist trying to get at the squeaker. I will sew him up AGAIN this morning, but I know that she will repeat the sequence as soon as I do.

1. Gentle loving mouthfuls of plush resulting in squeaks

2. Surreptitious gnawing at the stitching which stops if I look in her direction

3. Tearing of stitches followed by scattering of stuffing and exposed squeaker

4. A truly hang dog expression of contrition

5. A mute appeal to me to repair the damage

6. And back to #1

She really is not a destructive dog, but she cannot seem to help herself when she has one of these plush toys with a noisemaker inside.


1 comment:

Kerry said...

Remind me we need to watch this when I visit - I haven't seen this yet. I love this post. Your picture captures her remorse well!