Tuesday 4 March 2008

Kenya and Sex

I took Kenya to the vet today because she was protecting that paw. He said the nail itself was doing okay; didn't need to be cauterized ... but just touching that paw seemed to hurt and it was swollen so he put her on antibiotics for a week and said to keep her quiet and away from her buddy, Remi. I could have saved Kenya pain and suffering and me a lot of guilt by simply buying 8 manicures instead of paying $80 to the vet. I have learned my lesson.

My sex post must have been utterly too theoretical and lacking in detail because Deb okayed it for Rob's viewing. Damn ... have to do better next time.

4 comments:

Tamarak said...

Poor Kenya...
I'm sure she will get over it though...at least it happened during cold weather and not during mud weather when who knows what would get into her sore nail.
Kenya can be known to go for sympathy though - so she might be playing it a little!
We could have a doggie salon and do all the dogs nails with my clippers that have a guard, so slips can't happen.
I need someone at Shea's head when I do his nails to constantly feed him little bits of treats so he doesn't bite my hand off while I am clipping!

Oma said...

Actually she hasn't made any fuss, just doesn't play like she usually does, wants to be indoors more, and keeps the paw tucked in. It was the vet who thought it might be infected because of the swelling. But your idea of a doggie salon once a month or so is excellent.

Anonymous said...

Cats too?

Anonymous said...

My groomer uses a grinder...she finds that dogs don't seem to mind them as much and less room for accidental slippage.