Sunday 23 March 2008

The Universe Intervenes ...

A few weeks ago I had a message from the universe telling me how to contact my old friend Marta. We had lost touch three years ago in a strange way that neither of us quite understands. I thought she didn't want to see me any more, and she thought the same ... one of those missed- message-confused-communication misunderstandings that occur. We both tried over the three years to find one other, but it took the intervention of the universe to make it happen.

We had walked our dogs in the vicinity of the other's apartment. I never managed to catch even a glimpse of Marta or Henry. She looked in vain for my car. I called her friend but he didn't tell her. She met up by very strange chance with my friends, Ralph and Paula, who told her I was living at the cottage. She tried to find the cottage but got lost. They never mentioned the meeting to me.

Then three years after the misunderstanding which separated us, and after Marta sent many messages to the universe, an email came to me from the Ottawa Story Tellers informing me that Marta was to be performing at the NAC's Fourth Stage. I wrote to her and our friendship began again.

Marta and Henry arrived at the cottage yesterday. The dogs liked each other immediately ... they look like black and gold versions of one another. But best of all Marta and I ate and drank wine, laughed and talked till nearly midnight ... way past my usual bedtime.



Many thanks, Universe.

2 comments:

Kerry said...

So how did this miscommunication happen, do you have any idea?

Erin Kuhns said...

That's a lovely story!!! I'm so happy you both had a wonderful reunion!