Tuesday 25 March 2008

A Second Sign

I never remember my dreams, but before retiring last night, I pulled out my old dream journal (almost empty) and last night I remembered my dreams.

The first was the most memorable. It unfolded without fuss and with utter clarity until it woke me. I was dying in the calmest, most matter of fact, way imaginable. I was accompanied by a friend experienced in death and there was no fear whatsoever. I was simply moving from one state to the next and he reassured me as I moved through it.

This morning I looked up dream interpretation on-line and was told that dreams in which the dreamer dies signify important change in the dreamer's life.

"Death is a structural transformation of the being - during the Ego development process we often undergo successive symbolic deaths and re-births: something of us is dying and another thing is emerging. "

"These types of dreams can also symbolize confronting fear ..."

Today I will send the registered letter to try to recoup the money stolen from me. So perhaps part of the change in my life will be changing myself so that I can begin to face challenges instead of running away from them.

Our lives don't change until we do, and perhaps that is what this second sign is telling me.

2 comments:

Erin Kuhns said...

This gave me goosebumps. I believe that dreams are such a huge part of who we are...I also have (had) a dream journal. I find them fascinating and mysterious. I often have dreams that haunt me for days on end.

And I do agree with the interpretation you found re: Death = Transformation. I think we have a few cups of tea and many interesting discussions ahead of us...

Oma said...

I will look forward to your return from the warmth of sunny Texas to share those cups of tea and conversation, Erin. Have a wonderful vacation from life in the hills.