Sunday 16 March 2008

More Baby Pictures ... Sorry


Sam almost up there ready to crawl



Sam "swim-flying" on my bed

I know, I know ... but they are leaving on Monday, and soon I will be back to pictures of Kenya and her canine friends. While Kerry and Sam are here I am gobbling up the experience of living a life that is not a hermit's life, but a mom's life ... and an Oma's.

When the leaking begins to overwhelm me, it is good to have someone say calmly, "You have to get the roof shoveled off." And when I can't find anyone to do that, it is good to have someone besides Kenya to talk to about my options.

I am discovering (or re-discovering) that a hermit's life is wonderful when most things go the way they should ... when life is only metaphorically going swimmingly. But when you begin to feel as if you are drowning, it helps to have someone who loves you around.

2 comments:

Kerry said...

I think its so funny that you assume your readers want more dog pics and are bored with seeing such an obviously cute and engaging infant!

Oma said...

I didn't think they would prefer dog pictures ... I said that I was gobbling up the grandmother experience while I could because once you went home I would be back to being a hermit taking dog pictures. The apology was for being the consummate Oma showing picture after picture of her grandchild.