Saturday 21 June 2008

Lazy Saturday

Another beautiful day ... I considered doing a bunch of stuff but discovered when I began to sweep and mop up mounds of dog hair that I was not operating competently at all, so I left the broom and anti-static mop leaning on walls, and wrote something for my blog. Then I ate breakfast. Both Kenya and I had tenderly poached eggs for breakfast. Hers accompanied kibble. I had homemade multigrain toast smeared with dandelion honey on the side.

That made me remember that I wanted to buy local honey as house guest gifts for the trip so I went to the Saturday morning market in the village. While I was there I picked up a couple of bags of soil and some chives and sage for planting. Then Kenya and took the long way home along River Road.


We parked on Maxwell and got out to walk for a while. Kenya smelled wonderful things ... I recognized horse manure and cows and we followed the sound of rushing water to a patch of woods where a piddling cow and several calves hid among the trees. And then there were the wonderful flowery scents. Kenya kept dragging me away from these to clamber about in the long grass on the verges of the road. She emerged covered in the frothy spittle that is left on leaves every night.





When we got home I made Coconut Milk Bean Soup. It is an east African recipe and is chockful of veggies and very good. I was still not operating competently and there is a huge mess for me to clean up when I return to the scene.

But first I want to play some more. And finish this. And post photos. And plant the herbs. And re-pot the plants that needs a trough to contain them now.




Then maybe I will vaccuum up the dog hair and sand, dust, and clean the kitchen ...







But perhaps before I do any of that ... I will bring the laundry in off the line. It has been getting re- rinsed and re-dried for almost two days now. It will smell glorious, and when I wear the cotton nightgown tonight I will be reminded of this lovely lazy day.

No comments: