Wednesday 18 June 2008

Ouch!

I have ONE SORE BUTT ... I just fell on the wet wooden stairs outside (I was going to plant a couple of herbs I had left at the top of the 39 steps yesterday) .


The muscle has swelled up like a rock that my hand cannot close around. It feels like a ledge.

You know how we work out to get rock hard butts? Well I have now have one and would trade it for the familiar squishy one any day.

Debbie just called and said the same thing happened to her on the steps at the farm and it lasted for months! When it happened, Rob said, "Oh, I think you just hurt your feelings," and she whipped down her pants saying, "Does that look like my feelings?"

Anyway I didn't want to hear that it took weeks to stop hurting or months to go back to normal ... I leave in a week and a bit, and I can' t sit down.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I fell down the stairs it only took a couple of days to get better. But I only fell down nine steps, not 39. I recommend ice, aspirin and shiraz.

Kerry said...

I recommend Arnica the "6" dose every 3 or 4 hours for the next couple of days, and ice!

Erin Kuhns said...

Arnica! Lots of Arnica! Arnica saved my child from looking like an abused toddler when he was learning to walk. Arnica is definitely the key! Mud mama knows her stuff! :)

Tamarak said...

OUCH!!!
Poor you!!!
I heard about arnica when my sister's horse stomped me in February...then a friend told me about a gel called Traumeel - it has arnica as well as a bunch of other things...for inflammation, muscle pain and bruises...
Go take it easy until you leave!!!

Oma said...

Thank you all for your concern.

Arnica means having to go to the store which means driving which means sitting ... I may not be able to take that piece of advice.

Ditto for Traumeel.

I did have wine, not Shiraz, but wine ... and so I took ibuprofen and drank wine ... and ate almonds and crackers with cheese whiz ... while I watched The Fugitive sitting on one cheek.

Before I went to bed I grabbed an ice pack.

Then I fell into a stupor induced by alcohol and junk food and slept till morning lying on the unaffected cheek.

I didn't fall down all 39 steps, Zoom. I only fell a few. My feet scooted out from under me as if they were navigating glare ice, and I flew up in the air and then crashed down on a step or three. The plants flew off in two directions, and I let out a terrible shriek that scared Kenya who took a very long time to decide to come down the offending steps.

I hope you are right about the length of recovery time. When I fell on the icy fire escape a few years ago it took quite a long time before I felt normal.