Thursday 19 June 2008

Zoom's Musical Meme

Zoom has asked me to be a part of her attempt to save the lives of baby bunnies. It involves listing songs I love right now. It is difficult for me to think of any because I am in a very silent place right now and haven't been listening to music much at all for at least a year or so.

However; I am going to be driving thousands of miles this summer so I will list the CDs I will be taking on my road trip.

I am hoping that I will discover some songs that I like by reading your lists, so please join the game.

If you have a blog, please follow the instructions exactly. If you don't, please list your songs in the comment section (even if I don't tag you).

Here are the instructions: List seven songs you are into right now. It doesn’t matter what the genre, whether they have words, or even if they’re any good, but they must be songs you’re really enjoying now, shaping your spring/summer. Post these instructions in your blog along with your seven songs. Then tag seven other people to see what they’re listening to.

Here is my list of more than 7 road trip CDs:

Judy Collins Sings Leonard Cohen
Leonard Cohen ... Closing Time
Judy Collins ... The Moon is a Harsh Mistress
Bob Dylan ... Sad-eyed Lady of the Lowlands
Eric Clapton ... My Father's Eyes
Bruce Cockburn ... Burn
Sarah Brightman ... Time to Say Good Bye
Roy Bonneville ... Gust of Wind
Amanda Marshall
Susan Aglukark
Ella and Louis
Kate and Anna McGarrigle ... Dancer with Bruised Knees
Tanika Tikaran ... Ancient Heart
a Mozart double CD
Flash Dance
Women and Songs
Beautiful World
Blue Sky (traditional Mongolian singer)
Cheza (African)
Joe Sealey's Africville Suite


And here are my tag names:

Tamarak
Mud Mama
Deb
Erin
Patricia
Lois
Pat and Julie


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for saving the bunnies! Sad-Eyed Lady of the Lowlands is one of my favourite Dylan albums. And I love that Ray Bonneville one too.

Kerry said...

I'm a freak and I don't have time to blog this myself....

"Brush brush brush your teeth" - tune row row row your boat

"The Dusty Gnome's Tidy Up Song"

"Blessings on the blossom"

"i don't mind ... if you forget to do the dishes" Kimberly Smith

"The Banana Song" Thugs at Bay

"The Market Song" Thugs at Bay

"Shortening Bread" The Dungaree Bros.

Tamarak said...

Ha ha ha!!!
I know some of your songs mud mama...sang some of them till I thought I might never be fit for adult company ever again (took to calling adults banana face if I got really mad at someone!)

I have had Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah stuck in my head since June 1st when that girl sang it in church when we all went to see Debora - not a bad song to have stuck in you head.
Anything Jesse Cook
Many Blue Rodeo

But here is a list, which is what you asked for:
I picked these from my core collection of CDs that I take to the cottage every year...usually a new one or two are added each year...

1. Hasn't Hit Me Yet ~ Blue Rodeo

2. That's Right ~ Jesse Cook (how do I pick just one???)

3. Society ~ Eddie Vedder
Space Between ~ Dave Mathews Band

4. Good Riddance (Time of Your Life) ~ Green Day

5. Con Toda Palabra ~ Lhasa

6. Conquer Me ~ Blues Traveller

7. I Robot ~ The Alan Parsons Project

Tamarak said...

Oh dear...I just checked in to see if anyone else had commented and I see that I snuck in 8 choices...it was an honest slip...not an act of greed...I promise!
Funny how the 'slipped in one' was "Space Between" by the Dave Mathews Band...maybe it was just meant to be!

Oma said...

Zoom: I suspect you are the one who introduced me to both of those. You would lend me albums you thought I would like and I would play them till they were my favourites.

MudMama: We will have to play my CDs this summer.

Tamarack: Thanks for this.

Deb ... saw yours on Zoom's blog ...

Thanks all for helping save bunnies.