Monday 9 June 2008

Mailbox Mania

Rude Spam

Is anyone else receiving huge amounts of spam with messages similar to "What a stupid face you have here bjscott"??? I keep wanting to open one to see how they all knew that, but then I resist the temptation because "What if they are not only rude but virus-infected?"


Today's mail contained the following piece of information:

Analysis of several hundred people who had accumulated fortunes well beyond the million dollar mark, disclosed the fact that every one of them had the habit of reaching decisions promptly, and of changing these decisions slowly, if, and when they were changed. People who fail to accumulate money, without exception, have the habit of reaching decisions, if at all, very slowly, and of changing these decisions quickly and often.


I don't know about money ... I have none ... but I do know about love and adventure ... and so I applied the precept to what I know.

I have made decisions quickly in both areas, and as a result I have had a few adventures, love affairs and marriages throughout my life. I took a very long time to make the decision to leave the adventurous life I was leading (about 14 years) and to stay home and settle down with my dog. I have stored up a memory bank rich in adventures. So the theory works there.

With love, I have made both decisions quickly ... to jump into and to abandon the relationships. I have not created a lasting love with any man.

Lately I have not made any decisions about men quickly and as a result there is no man in my life.

I had sort of wanted a dog for a long time but the actual decision to get my puppy was made within a week. Despite a rough beginning, and some major obstacles, I stayed with that decision until she became truly mine. Now I know I will love her as long as she lives.

So it seems to work with love too.


What do you think? Does it work in your life too?

No comments: