Wednesday 25 June 2008

To help me on my journey ...

"A verse from the Veda says, 'What you see, you become.' In other words, just the experience of perceiving the world makes you what you are. This is a quite literal statement."
- Deepak Chopra

I must not race through the experience; I must remind myself that the journey is more important than the destination. I must take the time to breathe, reflect, and enjoy this trip I am about to embark upon.

Every other experience has helped to make me the woman I am today ... working in the developing world ... teaching ... traveling ... being a parent ... a friend ... a lover ... and living here in my hermitage. Each experience has allowed me to see something important. I need not fear leaving this place. Of course it is home, a place I love, and the place I feel most secure, but I can welcome the new insights I will have as a result of embarking on new experiences, too.

No comments: