Saturday 21 February 2009

Jobs, my Finger, and Tamarack's Birthday

Today is Tammy's birthday. Happy Birthday to you!

We are having a small party here to celebrate.

Yesterday I received one of those multimillion byte emails that knock my dial-up connection for a loop so that I have to take extraordinary measures to read it at all. This one was (FINALLY) the invitation to teach secondary teachers of English for a three month stint in Mongolia. My heart always soars when I get such news, but I had to refuse.

1. The pay was too little to do more than barely cover the cost of boarding Kenya somewhere.

2. Three months is a long time to be away.

3. Because they were so late getting this out I would have no time to prepare. (The first camp starts March 4!)

4. I have a feeling that their disorganization in one thing will likely mean that they are completely disorganized in most things, and I might find myself hating every minute of my time there!


Mud Mama sent me a site that she thought I should read. It was like reading about my horrible finger experiences through a veil of very black humour. If that sort of thing appeals to you, go to http://outlookdoubtful.blogspot.com. She has photos and everything. She nearly cut hers off in November and the sad tale continues through the surgery to remove excess scar tissue to ending her love-hate affair with Percocet.

And now I have to ice a cake. Have a great weekend.

4 comments:

Tamarak said...

Thank you so much for organizing my b-day party!!!
It was much fun and the food was great!
Little Tammy, Carlos and I finished the cake for breakfast and it was yummy!!!

Little Tammy headed home this morning and I had a nap! I am so tired from her visit...but the kitchen and Carlos' office/livingroom look fantastic! You have to come have a look...it is so nice, we might even start having people over!

Oma said...

I had fun too. I can hardly wait for an invitation so I can see your new downstairs!

Tamarak said...

You don't need an invite...you are always welcome!

Fräulein Eberg said...

I just saw this plug of sorts now - thanks lady! My finger adventures continued further this past november/december, but things are much better now - hope all is well with you!