Friday 6 February 2009

A Not Very Full Day

Well ... it may seem like a very empty day to healthy people with full lives ... but ...

* today at 6 a.m., I walked to the mail boxes with the dogs to pick up my medication which had to be thawed ... the instructions said to avoid freezing ... oops!

* I made a big batch of oven baked macaroni and cheese

* I read 12 pages of a friend's novel in French ... I had been avoiding it for some time ... the content I knew would be heart breaking and I was afraid I'd be reading it page by page dictionary in hand ... but I was pleasantly surprised by the ease with which I read it.

* I finished reading The Origin of Species.

*
I started re-reading the novel I want to work on for the workshop.

* I took the dogs to check the real mail ... and continued around the lake ... started to cross over but went up to my thigh in very soft snow and re-traced my steps.

* I fed the birds.

* I sent off some important e-mails to people I owed mail to.

* I started watching (again) and crying (again) over Hotel Rwanda.

Not a great deal of heavy duty work ... but better than yesterday!

* I have almost finished the first one of the first pair of socks done in an Andean wool that is variegated blues and purples. The Yarn Harlot says you must immediately cast on the stitches for the second sock or the chances of having a pair will be doubtful! So tomorrow when I finish the first sock I will follow her advice.

BTW : the medication seems to be working!

Life seems to be on its way to improving.

No comments: