Saturday 7 February 2009

Three Deer, Two Dogs and One Sock

That was my day today ... Saturday ... While I was trying to figure out just how one weaves together the stitches on the two needles at the toe of the first sock, the two dogs went nuts and I let them out ... and then I saw what they were so excited about ... three deer leapt up off the road and into the trees. I went out yelling that these were our friends ... like the birds ... to let them be ... and Kenya and Zeke came running back to me. We are all in now and the deer are likely long gone. Zeke cried for some time about being a prisoner ... but he has already killed a chickadee and a large mole so heaven knows what might have transpired had I let him have at the deer.

I finished the sock and started the next one while I watched the end of Hotel Rwanda and shed the last of my tears. If you haven't seen it, do. It is a powerful movie.

What else has happened today? I read more of my own novel ... and of Philippe's ... and started Mary Swan's The Boys in the Trees. And I keep taking my meds. They say that I should see an improvement by the third day.

No comments: