Tuesday 17 February 2009

Yummy Wool, Senior Citizens, Fascinating Novel, and me ...

I am waking up slowly despite Kenya's attempts to make it happen faster. She came up on the bed at 5:30 and groaned her way into a tummy rub as she stretched out full length, her spine leaning against me, all four legs outstretched. By six we were out of bed and our day had started.

I drank tea, ordered some wool from a place in Kitchener, answered some emails, read some blogs, and am now ready to get my day started in earnest.

I received my RRSP tax slip yesterday and discovered that the bank got the deductions wrong ... by $1600 ... so I have to deal with that.

I have to respond to a letter I received from a little Kenyan boy (who tells me he is no longer as little) for whom I found help several years ago. He tells me he is praying for me ... I can use all the prayers I can get.

I am going to continue working on Lost and Found Summer. I am re-reading before I write the last few chapters so that I can get the ending right ... or at least try to.

And I will complete the second pair of socks and start a new knitting project today. I hope to find out how to weave the stitches at the toe together properly this time. I am tired of lumpy toes.

Maybe I can ask someone when I go to the Legion for lunch. It is Senior Citizens' Day and they have invited a speaker ... someone who may be able to get a taxi service for us old folks started here in the Wakefield area.

And I hope I will find time before I go to bed to continue reading The Story of Edgar Sawtelle. The writing style is (I was going to say intoxicating but that might suggest that it puts me to sleep when it is quite the opposite.) ... wonderful ... but that doesn't say enough. He saturates the reader with the detail of the experience. I have to pull myself away to re-enter my own world. Oh, to write as well!

So a day of work punctuated by a walk with Kenya, lunch in the village, knitting and reading a good book. Doesn't get much better than that, does it?

No comments: