Wednesday 12 May 2010

Safe Post

I am discovering (or rather re-discovering after a long and peaceful hiatus) that it safer to be bland that to take a stand based on what you believe.

So ... here is my (almost) completely  bland post for today.

1.    I have been working with glass and metal and here is what I have produced: a funny little table that catches the light and creates mirror images on the stone ... and holds a wine glass very nicely.


2.   I start teaching again the last week of May ... same young German student as last year ... 3 hours per day for two weeks  ... I am delighted ... and am sharing the teaching load with a travel writer.  The meeting to confirm all the arrangements should have been non-controversial ... except that I was given hell by someone with an absolutely empty (and it always is) parking lot because he "pays the taxes there and the owner of River Echo doesn't. " Good grief!

3.   The #2 biscuit (the nubby toothbrush TT) is still one of Kenya's favourite treats ... BUT ... today her breath smelled fishy ... EWWWW!  Still have to see if the TT is the cause ...

4.   Just got a call from Jesse.  She had another ultrasound and Lily is doing fine ... and starting to squirm around enough for Jesse to to feel her movements.  So ... my next project will be the high chair suitable for a Lily.

And that is it for today.  I will try not to get into any more trouble ... but SHEESH ... it ain't always easy!

7 comments:

Barbara Carlson said...

Sad post.
Be fiesty. Be yourself.
Besides, there are some people one would WISH to offend.
(Famous quote, long story.)

Oma said...

Thanks, Barbara ... but it's okay. Today I read that the beginning of maturity is when you can disagree with someone and not feel you have to prove them wrong (or idiotic). I have come a long way from the feisty little rabble rouser I once was, and that is an even better feeling than winning was. I doubt if I will change any minds about all this ... but at least I will have tried ... and I will have shown them another way to deal with a nuisance, one that requires care, commitment and intelligence rather than a bullet.

Barbara Carlson said...

Good point. You've changed my mind...

The chair is lovely, by the way.

Barbara Carlson said...

Chair?!?!?

The table!

It's early -- what can I say?

Shaun said...

You haven't changed my mind. Be yourself. I get the feeling you would be anyway.
Thank you for the on-going biscuit testing. I've been reading with interest.
Thank you also for the update on Jesse. Lily. What a perfect name for Jesse's little one.

Oma said...

Thanks for reminding me that I have to post about the dental treats, Irish Girl ... and yes ... isn't Lily a perfect name?

Tamarak said...

I love the name too...just to let you know, however...Jesse is spelling it Lilly...