Thursday 17 April 2008

Henry's Journal Day 2

April 16, 2008

Dear Marta,


After breakfast this morning (yes, Marta, I took my pill), Oma took Kenya and me for a walk to see the baby calves. On the way we met Rowboat Flo and talked to her for a few minutes. At the farm, Kenya began to pull on her leash and snarl. I wondered what was up her nose this time.

Then Oma started to snarl and snap too. I looked around, and then, finally I saw it: an ugly spotted dog growling at us from the lawn of the farmhouse. Oma tightened up Kenya's leash and told us to come. She had to drag Kenya for a few yards but then Kenya smartened up too.



Until she realized that the spotted dog was following us.


"Get home, you!" shouted Oma.

"This way, Kenya!"

"Yip, yip, yip. I told you he was up to no good."


This went on all the way back to Rowboat Flo's house. By the time we got there my ears hurt, and the spotted dog was ten feet behind us.

Oma told Flo that T-Bone had been replaced by another dog who also refused to go home when she told him to. I dunno about those dogs. Kenya and I think Oma's pretty darned fierce when she's ticked off, but that dog was too dumb to notice she was mad. And I guess whoever T-Bone was, he wasn't too bright either.

They say I'm dumb, but hey! I've got a high EQ ... high enough to know when I better be nice.

Rowboat Flo grabbed a hunk of bark and yelled at the dog to get home and then she pitched the bark at him. Well, I tell you, that dog lit out so fast his feet hardly touched the ground. I think maybe it's best not to mess with Rowboat Flo. Funny though, she was real nice to Kenya and me ... even found us some nice fresh snow to eat.

Later Oma left to walk Wilbur and Remi. After two hours she came back tired and let us out to play.

We hang out on the hill most of the time. Kenya says it gives her a good view of her kingdom. Usually there's nothing to see, but when ANYTHING happens, Kenya acts as if something has arrived to storm the barricades. Geez. She should learn to relax.

This afternoon, though, it was interesting.

We saw two huskies pulling a woman on a bicycle along the road on the other side of the lake. Kenya nattered away telling them it was her lake ... the whole lake.

Me? I was just glad no one was expecting me drag them around.

Later Shea and Teddy came for dinner with their people. I liked the people. They petted me. The dogs were real city wimps. Kenya and I tried to tell them that the wading was great but they stayed back up on the hill watching and going to the windows to ask to be let in.

I like it better here all the time, Marta. Don't worry about me. I hope you are having fun too.

Love and tail wags,

Henry

No comments: