Wednesday 9 April 2008

The Unfolding of the Universe

Yesterday I was very pleased that finally I seemed ready to confront someone in order to assert my rights. Not everyone has agreed with me that I should. That's okay. It is one of those situations in which people weigh in on one side or the other.

For the sake of "peace in my valley", I should likely forget it and kiss the $330 (now $345) goodbye ... after all it is only money and represents a couple of weeks of work in my life ... it is not thousands of dollars.

On the other hand, standing up and facing my fears is not such a bad thing to do. Usually I am too ready to think I screwed up so even the worst things that are done to me are probably my fault. This time I know that I have done everything possible to handle this properly; that I did not deserve to be cheated. That is likely why I am ready to fight this time; ready to face those fears in a courtroom; and yes, ready to face my fear of a courtroom.

One of the people who feels I should let it go has said that justice will be done. I am sure he is right; that what goes around will eventually come round.

The Universe does fight my battles when I back away from them myself. When I cut and run, Fate steps in and cuts my attackers down. It has happened on several occasions. Unfortunately Fate has a very heavy hand. Where I would simply ask that someone stop hurting me, Fate puts a very final end to their ability to hurt me.

And Fate doesn't always punish the right offender. Something about blind justice here, perhaps.

The greyhound that broke and dislocated my finger disappeared a few days later. I was saddened when this happened. I never blamed the greyhound. It was the incompetent surgeon at the Hull Hospital who should have been punished, not a startled dog who ran from something that scared him.

The incompetent and dishonest builder who has caused me so much grief died this week. I was considering taking him to court for the damages caused by all the mistakes and carelessness when he was putting on the roof. (Fixing the roof and repairing the places where the leakage occurred will involve thousands, not hundreds, of dollars.) Fate has intervened once again. I can't take a dead man to court.

I did not want him or any of the others to die. I just wanted them to be competent, honest, not vengeful. I don't want some terrible thing to happen to this young woman. I simply want her to face up to her responsibilities, and to pay me for my time and work. Leaving it to Fate could have far worse consequences for her.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kerry said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Oma said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.