Friday 18 April 2008

Henry's Journal Day 4

Hi Marta,

Oma looked absolutely shocked when I came in from playing in the lake with Kenya. She took a picture and she combed me for a very long time. Then she took pictures of the stuff she got out of my fur. She said I looked like a sheep that had gone swimming and then dragged myself through the bush, but she dried me and gave me a cookie for being good.





Later she and Kenya took Remi for a walk while I dried off. Then I got to go for a car ride and out for a walk with Wilbur. It was fun. Wilbur doesn't talk nearly as much as Kenya and Remi do. A couple of sniffs, a pee to let me know what he smells like, and then we were off and ignoring each other. Kenya likes to let me know from time to time that we are walking together, and Remi wants to tell me all the time. It's easier walking with Wilbur, but more interesting with the others.

Just before we got back to the house, Oma put everything down on the side of the road and climbed into the stream to pull weeds and leaves and sticks out of the screen so that the water could go through. It's a good thing Kenya wasn't with us. She'd have stolen every stick Oma pulled loose. I was a good dog.

After Oma got home from the Legion we watched a movie and took turns curling up beside Oma on the couch. Kenya shares the couch and Oma far better than she shares sticks. Oma tried to get some of the knots out of my fur. She says they are like felted wool.

We are going to bed in a few minutes.

Oma says that there are terrible fires near where you are, and that Buenos Aires is very smoky. Are you okay? Love you.

Henry Boomer

No comments: