Thursday 10 April 2008

Last Post on the Universe

I feel as if I have just survived an attack by voracious piranhas. When one of the piranhas starts, the other leaps in. After they have torn pieces off me for a while they either go in for the kill or one of us gives up and turns to something more interesting. Usually only my two most writerly piranhas get involved; the other two seem to avoid these feeding frenzies.

It must be evident to others as well because I have received private notes from people concerned for me during this flurry of to-ing and fro-ing.

I am not crazy. I do not believe rationally that Fate, the Universe, Lady Fortune, the Man in the Moon or God intervenes in the lives of human beings. I enjoy playing with the notion that they might, and when a series of coincidences suggest there might be intervention occurring, my desire to play with the idea is activated.

I am also not fixated on this theft. I have done everything I can to document it and to find out what my legal options are, and I have got past the terrified rabbit stage. I am prepared to fight this legally if that seems the most practical option or to forget about it if that seems wiser. I am very glad that I am no longer too scared to stand up for my rights.

Now I will get back to commentary on the weather, dogs, books and films.

1 comment:

Kerry said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.