Sunday 27 April 2008

Invitation

Hi All!

If you are in the neighbourhood and free on Saturday afternoon, (May 3, 2008) you are invited to the Hermitage Work Party. Bring work gloves and solid shoes.

By then Tom should be finished cleaning away the debris from the cottage and I can begin to see what needs to be done to get the place in shape.

I am hoping that we can seed the topsoil areas with clover and fence them in with chicken wire to protect them from dogs, and cart things up to the road for garbage pick-up. But that may not be all possible ... I have to talk to Eric Legros about whether I can seed the areas I hope to. He will have to bring in the fill for the garden area/old cottage foundation, and may need some places left unseeded. At any rate I think we can seed the area around the second holding tank and the septic field ... and bring stuff up the hill for garbage pick-up.

I hope the weather will co-operate ... but even if it doesn't, the food will be here for the eating! Right now they are predicting light rain for Saturday ... but that is a week away.

I have a beef tenderloin in the freezer that I will either cook whole on the barbecue or cut into steaks to barbecue ... and I will stir fry asparagus, make a potato salad and buy one of my favourite Costco salads. I will also make bread and fill it with a hot dip for an appetizer. Not sure what will turn up for dessert, but there will be beer and wine to quench the thirst of all the workers.

I hope you will come to share the afternoon and evening ... and each other.

2 comments:

Tamarak said...

We will be there!!!
We will try to leave the dogs under dear little one's care, but barring that...can they come?...or will that be too counter productive? They are only old city boys though...
What can we bring?

Erin Kuhns said...

I have had major trouble getting into your blog to read it the past few days!!

I am on the fence about coming on Saturday--only because I SO want to help out and it sounds like a lot of fun! (I love work parties!!) But I have to help out for a couple of hours in the morning with the fundraiser "thingie" going on for the W'field Community Centre, then I am trying to squeeze in as much time as possible working on my own yard.

SO...one possibility is that I might be able to swing coming for just an hour--because I know how helpful it is to have as many hands as possible with this stuff.

I'll email you for directions to your place. (And if I make it, I'll bring your wine stopper and your container!)

Thank you!!!!
Erin